life in the stony country
Check here for my occassional posts on life, community, politics and landscape in Central Victoria.
About Cam WalkerI work with Friends of the Earth, and live in Castlemaine in Central Victoria, Australia. Activist, dad to Tali & Mia, mountain enthusiast, climber, telemark skier, volunteer firefighter.
- my writing
- Book reviews
- Can market-based mechanisms save the planet?
- Climate change
- Environmental justice
- Hope, despair and resilience
- International solidarity & politics
- Melbourne: sprawl, liveability and climate change
- National environmental politics
- re-localising food production
- The environment movement
- @Schetz1 oh thats sad news. 3 hours ago
- In fire season, “Australia’s National Aerial Firefighting Centre contracts a fleet of 150 firefighting aircraft acr… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- This is an entirely reasonable ask of the federal government. The Royal Commission recommended it. At present we l… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 hours ago
- This is not a new debate. But it is one we need to keep having. The Australian continent is a cultural landscape.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 hours ago
- Some damn fine pics of Feathertop, courtesy of Brendan. twitter.com/brendansydes/s… 13 hours ago